Saturday, September 29, 2007

aa brings people together!

this one goes back to last weekend, but it´s still something that i want to share and since it´s my blog, i guess i can do what i like...

so, last weekend was my last weekend in the city. my brother called me on saturday and he was asking me what i was doing and invited me to go back to boston to visit him since had the day and the next off from work. although i had just been there the prior weekend, i was sad to refuse the invitation as it was last weekend here in nyc and i had plans to go out for one last horrah with my friends.

a couple of hours later, i had gotten a crytic voicemail from my brother asking me to guess where he was. so i naturally called him back and found out that he was outside the city and he joined my friends and i as we spent the night with drinks in one hand and a bocce ball in the other.

the next morning, at aa ("all angels church"), i urge my brother to stand up and introduce himself. he doesn´t but this guy by the name of chris does. yeah, it just so happened to be chris, this guy that my brother had been friends with years ago in college! he had been living in mexico for the past 5 years and was headed to spain the following day, whereas i was heading to mexico on thursday. well, that´s not as important as he and my brother got reunited and it took coming to aa one fateful sunday to do so.
thank god for aa-and i mean that on so many levels.

No comments: